Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 15 : Korla Cont.


Day 15 in Korla was a bit more fun, I decided to roam around the town to look for interesting things, since heading to the Bosten lake was not happening. So I roamed around to click whatever that caught my eye. Spend nearly a day like that, luckily in the evening the hostel owner invited a few of us guests and took us for a drive to see sunset. This time even though there was a language gap things turned out well... ;)


This was my first sight at a park when I was strolling around, the guy who is supposed to protect the law was killing time...playing cards... ;)

The region of Korla is a Mongol autonomous region, so its apt to have the carving of the Great Mongol himself...Genghis Khan...
The clock tower in the middle of the town...
While strolling in the downtown near the clock tower, this old Ustad who was nearby was very curious to know where I am from and what I was doing in Korla and all... :)
It was immediately after I clicked these pics my lovely friend from Shenzhen called me and said she booked my tickets for my return journey and insisted I go and pick it up at the station after that. If it wasn't for her I would have had a hard time getting the tickets myself, a big Thanks to her...Later in the journey I found from travellers that it is nearly impossible to book tickets to leave Xinjiang in November, because the harvest season gets over by then and many people head home for winter....

Those much priced tickets...

The hostel owner took us to this park that was full of young Huyang trees, though I couldn't see the main Huyang forest I was happy with the sight of this itself 

At the top of the hill, Nature and culture...

Huyang trees...quite a few of them...
After the sunset we headed to the square to see some dance and then to the night food market for some snacks...


A proud father and his cute child....
A cute kid at the market...
Kind of looks like serious discussion over snacks...


Couple of curious, but friendly locals.... 

Busy making a perfect roast...







No comments:

Post a Comment